After releasing a WordPress plugin called Free CDN, I got a request to create another that supports rewriting hosts for commerical CDNs – those big names like Limelight, Akamai, Velocix, EdgeCast etc.
Basically, this plugin allows a WordPress user to specify two important variables: an orgin host (says http://www.yoursite.com) and a “destination host” (like http://www.static.yoursite.com). It will then find all the static contents from that orgin host and rewrite them into the destination so that they will be delivered from there.
- Multiple profiles are supported, allowing different contents to be treated differently
- You can exclusively select the content types for each profile – currently supporting JS, CSS, images, inline background images, and <object>’s
- Additional URL’s can be added as excludes
- Debug mode gives you a good preview to make sure nothing goes wrong
- Works normally with other plugins. Especially useful if run along with WP Super Cache
- AJAX’ed admin section makes it quick and easy to adjust the settings
- Added uninstall handler to remove all settings and data upon being installed
- Added link to Configuration page on plugins page
- Added PayPal Donate button
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
* 1.0.0 Initial version
- Download the plugin
- Extract into a folder
- Upload the entire to
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Enable it via Plugins panel
- Head to Settings->CDN Rewrites and create the first profile.
- You’re ready to go!
- Why doesn’t the plugin parse the external stylesheet and rewrite the background images there too?
There should be no need. If the stylesheet got rewritten and is served through a destination host, all relative (most commonly) background images defined inside it will be pulled from that host too.
لا توجد مراجعات لهذه الإضافة.