s2Member Secure File Browser is a wordpress plugin for browsing files from the secure-files location of the s2Member® WordPress Memberships plugin.
You can display the file browser via the shortcode
The shortcode will display a file browser item with only granted directories for current user.
The shortcode can handle :
access-s2member-level0directory for level #0 and more users
access-s2member-level1directory for level #1 and more users
access-s2member-level2directory for level #2 and more users
access-s2member-level3directory for level #3 and more users
access-s2member-level4directory for level #4 and more users
access-s2member-ccap-*custom capabilities directories for according users
- any directory for all users in read only (unable to download)
All these featured folders can be located anywhere and they can be used several times.
Clicking on a file will launch the download according to the s2member files access control.
Please use the shortcode generator in the Dashboard > s2Member Menu > Secure File Browser to generate complex values.
Available shortcode options
collapseeasing: Easing function to use on collapse
collapsespeed: Speed of the collapse folder action in ms
cutdirnames: Truncate directory names to specific chars length
cutfilenames: Truncate file names to specific chars length
dirbase: Initial directory from the s2member-files directory
dirfirst: Show directories above files
displayall: Display all items without checking if user is granted to download them
displaybirthdate: Display files birth date
displaycomment: Display files comment
displayname: Display files displayname instead of regular files name
displaydownloaded: Show if a file has already been downloaded
displaysize: Display files size
displaymodificationdate: Display files modification date
dirzip: Let directories be downloaded
expandeasing: Easing function to use on expand
expandspeed: Speed of the expand folder action in ms
filterdir: A full regexp directories have to match to be displayed
filterfile: A full regexp files have to match to be displayed
folderevent: Event to trigger expand/collapse
hidden: Show hidden files or not
multifolder: Whether or not to limit the browser to one subfolder at a time
names: Replace files name with custom values
openrecursive: Whether or not to open all subdirectories when opening a directory
previewext: Display file preview button for these extensions
s2alertbox: Display the s2member confirmation box when a user tries to download a file
search: Let user search files
searchgroup: Group shortcodes with a single single search box
searchdisplay: How to display search results
sortby: Sort files in directories by a criteria
All informations about these options are well documented in :
Dashboard > s2Member > Secure File Browserpanel for admin (manage_options capability)
Dashboard > Tools > Secure File Browserpanel for users
Example (A shortcode has to be defined on one line, here is on several lines below only for better understanding) :
[s2member_secure_files_browser folderevent="mouseover" expandeasing="linear" expandspeed="200" collapseeasing="swing" collapsespeed="200" multifolder="0" openrecursive="1" dirbase="/" hidden="1" dirfirst="0" openrecursive="1" filterdir="%2F(access%7Ctata)%2Fi" filterfile="%2F%5C.(png%7Cjpe%3Fg%7Cgif%7Czip)%24%2Fi" names="access-s2member-level0:General|access-s2member-ccap-video:Videos" search="1" searchdisplay="4D" /]
You can generate a shortcode with complex options with the
Shortcode Generator in the
Dashboard > s2Member > Secure File Browser panel
You can display both fully customizable widgets for :
- Top downloads
- Latest downloads
- Latest available files
The admin panel is reachable via the Dashboard > s2Member Menu > Secure File Browser menu.
Available features are :
- Statistics : display all downloads/top downloads/top downloaders, sort and apply filters by date, user, file, IP Address, …
- Statistics : download stats in XML and CSV format
- Statistics : display current s2Member accounting, sort and apply filters by date, user, file and file
- File Browser : Rename, delete, comment and add a display name for files and folders
- Cache management : Rebuild file cache
- Shortcode generator
- Shortcode documentation
- Settings : Received an email each time a user downloads a file
- Settings : Received scheduled reports
- Settings : How many logs you want to keep ?
- Settings : Delete logs
- Settings : Give access to others users to some parts of the admin menu
Don’t hesitate to ask me new features or report bugs on potsky.com !
All futures requests are handled on GitHub
- Serbo-Croatian : Borisa Djuraskovic at http://www.webhostinghub.com
- French : Potsky
Requirement : you need to install first the wonderful and free s2Member® plugin available here
s2member Secure File Browser is very easy to install (instructions) :
* Upload the
/s2member-secure-file-browser folder to your
* Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress®.
- s2Member secure files are always directly downloadable, how can I protect them by forcing php handling ?
It is recommended to add a
deny from alldirective in your
httpd.conffor your s2member-files directory in order to avoid people directly access your protected files. Do not put the
denydirective in the
s2member-files/.htaccessbecause this file is always regenerated by s2member and your modifications are always overwritten.
- Why s2member-files/.htaccess is not displayed ?
Even if you set shortcode option
.htaccesswill never been displayed.
- Are directories `access-s2member-level*` protected if they are not in the root directory ?
And access-s2member-ccap*too !
- The browser does not work, it displays `Invalid nonce` for registered users.
The authentication on your website is broken because of a plugin (AJAX requests not correctly handled).
This behaviour is correct and it is protecting your files !
It happens for example when your authentication is only performed in a HTTPS form and the navigation is done in HTTP.
If you use the
WordPress HTTPplugin from http://mvied.com/projects/wordpress-https/ for example, you have to force HTTPS on each page which includes the s2member Secure File browser.
- How to handle the `s2member-files/app_data` windows directory ?
In windows installations, put all files in
“s2member Secure File Browser” هو برنامج مفتوح المصدر. وقد ساهم هؤلاء الأشخاص بالأسفل في هذه الإضافة.المساهمون
- Enhancement : Remove warning on PHP7 (part 1)(thanx to KTS915 : https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-notice-73)
- Enhancement : Add user firstname, user lastname and nickname when exporting CSV and XML files
- New feature : you can inject %USERNAME%, %USEREMAIL% or %USERID% in the dir parameter of the shortcode
- Security fix : XSS vulnerability in the jquery.prettyPhoto.js library fix
- Bug fix : in some cases, downloading the CSV file could not work
- Enhancement : Support for non standard mysql port
- Enhancement : Add Serbo-Croatian language (by Borisa Djuraskovic at http://www.webhostinghub.com)
- Enhancement : PHP 5.5 warning removed
- Bug fix : dashboard navigator was broken in last version
- Enhancement : plugin now always loads assets at the beginning even if the shortcode is not used on a page. It handles by this way some themes which load page content next to the assets.
- Enhancement : plugin now checks by itself the wordpress upgrade include (problem with some customers)
- Bug fix : remove debug messages in the music player
- Bug fix : change database mysql engine to reduce overhead
- New feature : preview for pictures
- New feature : configuration paths in inc/define.php
- Bug fix : navigator in all statistics panel fix
- New feature : change files display name in admin
- Bug fix : downloaded files were no more tracked when link was directly displayed in a page/post
- Enhancement : plugin is now compatible for PHP installations between 5.2 and 5.3.6
- Enhancement : plugin is now compatible on Windows Servers
- New feature : export all stats as xml and csv files from the statistics menu
- New feature : remove all stats from the settings menu
- New feature : group shortcodes with single search
- Bug fix : language fix for french
- Bug fix : all meta data not displayed in search result
- Enhancement : force mp3 flash player (fallback to html5) because of a bug in Chrome when playing mp3 via html5 and downloading a file in the same time
- Enhancement : large directories/files supported (tested up to 100000 files in 10000 directories)
- Enhancement : display fixes for all browsers and especially Firefox
- New feature : sort files by birth date (date when then was available in your s2member-files directory)
- New feature : display birth date column
- New feature : display file comments in browser
- New feature : add comments in the dashboard
- Bug fix : top downloader in notification reports was empty
- New feature : sortby shortcode option
- New feature : modification date display shortcode option
- New feature : order files by modification date, addition date, size
- Enhancement : disable previews for non logged users
- Bug fix : IE fix for search button
- Bug fix : mp3 previews in flash fallback was not working in IE and FF.
- Bug fix : searchdisplay shortcode option was not included in the generator
- Bug fix : filterfile was not working anymore in 0.4
- Bug fix : report notification was blank in 0.4
- Bug fix : download zip link was displayed even if dirzip shortcode option was disabled
- New feature : cut filename shortcode option
- New feature : already downloaded file warnings shortcode option
- New feature : ability to download directories as zip files
- New feature : search files
- New feature : filesize display shortcode option
- New feature : mp3 preview shortcode option
- New feature : new widget for new and modified available files
- New feature : file caching with new dashboard menu to manually update
- Bug fix : french language fix
- Publishing fix
- Enhancement : Add admin statistics (total downloads, unique files and unique downloaders)
- Enhancement : Add FAQ “Invalid Nonce”
- Enhancement : Add vsa file extension
- New feature : New admin submenu with top rated downloads, higher downloaders, …
- New feature : New shortcode option to display the s2member alert box before a download
- New feature : New shortcode option to let people view directories but must be logged in to download
- New feature : Add rights in settings for file manager and stats access
- New feature : Widget for top downloads or latest downloads
- New feature : Notification daily reports
- Enhancement : HTML entities for email reports
- Enhancement : Add WP and PHP version checks
- Security fix : Protect plugin subdirectories
- Hotfix for recursive browsing
- Publishing fix
- New language : french
- New feature : display file size
- New feature : admin : Statistics – display all downloads, sort and apply filters by date, user, file, IP Address, …
- New feature : admin : Statistics – display current s2Member accounting, sort and apply filters by date, user, file and file
- New feature : admin : File Browser – Rename and delete files and folders
- New feature : admin : Shortcode generator
- New feature : admin : Shortcode documentation
- New feature : admin : Settings – Received an email each time a user downloads a file
- New feature : admin : Settings – How many logs you want to keep ?
- Bug fix : dirbase could not work as expected sometimes
- Enhancement : total plugin rewriting for best performance, practices and security
- Publishing fix
- Enhancement : file and directories icons are now clickable
- New feature : shortag option filterdir
- New feature : shortag option filterfile
- New feature : shortag option openrecursive
- Security fix : real path check perform to forbid browsing above s2member-files directory
- Bug fix : dirbase now works as expected
- First release