Using the Keyword Counter & Density Calculator when you write or edit a post/page, you can see a handy list of the keywords you’ve used — listed in order, starting with the words you use most commonly.
If you’re writing an article, one important factor to keep in mind is, what are the keywords you’re using? How often do you use them? This is essential for SEO (search engine optimization) reasons. You want to use your keywords a bunch, but not too much.
But when you write, you’re often faced with the problem: how many times did I use this keyword, or that one? Usually, there’s a manual process: control-F (or command-F for Mac lovers!) to find and count the number of times you used it, look up the total number of words, do some division — and this gets frustrating before you even start.
But look no further! The Keyword Counter & Density Calculator is here to help.
Here is how it works. Once installed and activated, when you write a post or a page, above the text editing box, there is a new button called “Count Keywords”. Click it, and a chart will come up. For all keywords, it lists their frequency, so you can see how many times you’ve used it. For the first few keywords, it also lists their density — both, as compared to the total # of words you wrote, and also as compared to the total number of non-small words you wrote (excluding words like “in”, “of”, and “but”, for example). You also get, for the first few keywords, a red/yellow/green alert as to how on target the density is, so you know what you need to improve.
There are some useful settings, too. You can turn on/off whether you want the count to include the small words or not. You can also add in words to exclude, as well. We also offer a premium version that, in addition to these features, as a few other advanced features as well, that you can read about here: < https://www.wpsos.io/wordpress-plugin-keyword-counter-and-density-calculator/ >.
For more information and support, check out: https://www.wpsos.io/wordpress-plugin-keyword-counter-and-density-calculator/
Which options do you modify?
You can choose between the following options.
General Settings tab
- Include/exclude small words
- Configure additional words to exclude
- Configure word stemming. Enabling stemming will attempt to group together all plurals, conjugations, gerund and/or possessive words, to look only at the root. This is only an estimation, so it might occasionally result in roots that aren’t words.
- Add/remove/modify “small words”
- Manage keywords/keyphrases that consist of more than 1 word. By default the plugin only counts single words, for example if you’d like to look for a keyword “WordPress security” you can configure it here.
- Set the number of keywords to list
Filters and Actions
- You can use the following filters:
– ‘wpsos_kdc_processed_word’ – Filters the word after it has been processed by stemming
– ‘wpsos_kdc_unprocessed_word’ – Filters the word before it has been processed by stemming
Where can I get some support?
Check out our site, at: https://www.wpsos.io/plugin-support/
I have some suggestions for other options I want edited
Let us know, via: https://www.wpsos.io/wordpress-plugin-keyword-counter-and-density-calculator/
The installation is very straightforward. You should:
- Upload the folder ‘keyword-counter-density-calculator’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In the WordPress admin UI under the Settings menu, there will be a new menu link created, called ‘Keyword Counter & Density Calculator’
“Keyword Counter And Density Calculator” هو برنامج مفتوح المصدر. وقد ساهم هؤلاء الأشخاص بالأسفل في هذه الإضافة.المساهمون
ترجمة ”Keyword Counter And Density Calculator“ إلى لغتك.
تصفّح الشفرة، تحقق من مستودع SVN، أو الاشتراك في سجل التطوير بواسطة RSS.
- Initial version.