After installation a widget “European School Radio appears at the screen “View”->”Widgets”.
The user can use it in any sidebar he/she wants.
The widget has the following settings: ‘Show Player’, ‘Low Quality Stream’, ‘Autostart Player’, ‘What is playing now’.
European School Radio is an online student radio that has a live 24 hour stream on a fixed internet link. The widget, which was created by the team of developers at the request of the public, has to do with the fact that the owner of a WordPress site can play the live stream of our radio station, to the users who visit his site. In order for such a playback process to take place, the widget that has been constructed must constantly dial and receive the audio part from our radio station. This can only be done by calling an external “.mp3” file. In this case, the links with which the live stream of our radio station can be played are 2 in number, one link for the high quality, and another link for the low quality (depending on the choice of the administrator WordPress website):
‘https://icecast.europeanschoolradio.eu/live/esradio.mp3’ (For high quality), or
‘https://icecast.europeanschoolradio.eu/live/esradio56.mp3’ (For low quality)
European School Radio is an internet radio, which has a live 24 hour music stream, there is a automation with which users can see which music track our internet radio is playing at the moment, as well as see which radio show or music track will be playing right after. For this reason, we wanted to integrate this feature into the Widget. But in order for this to happen, and for users to be able to watch what music played on our internet radio, an “iframe” must be built into the Widget to load a page from our site containing this information. More specifically, the link we upload to the “iframe” is the following:
In order to use the European School Radio’s widget, you do NOT have to have an account to any service.
Tags: European School Radio, Radio, Official Widget
Requires at least: 5.3
Tested up to: 5.9
Needs to resize the iframe height based on how long is the song title
/wp-content/plugins/directory or upload the ‘.zip’ file in your WordPress site through your plugin’s page in administation panel or download it from the plugin page.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Customize the ‘ESR-Widget’. The things that you can customize are the following. The radio stream quality (low or high quality) as described in the “Description” section above. The player’s auto-play method, that you can set it on or off. By setting the auto-play option to the on position, the widget player is automatically starting when a viewer is loading your WordPress website. The now/next playing section, that you can set it on or off. By setting this option to on, the viewers of your WordPress website can see what song or radio production is playing now in European School Radio, and also what song or radio production is going to play after the current playback. At the end, you can set up the main language of the widget. Currently there are two available languages in the widget, Greek and English. You can setting this up by just pressing your favorite language. Note: By changing the widget language, the now/next playing section will be adjusted accordingly.
Is there any activation settings?
Is it multisite compatible?
Yes, you can use it in multisite installations.
Does it add new tables in database ?
“European School Radio Widget” هو برنامج مفتوح المصدر. وقد ساهم هؤلاء الأشخاص بالأسفل في هذه الإضافة.المساهمون
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9 version.
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8.2 version.
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8.1 version.
- Updated Now-Next Playing URL.
- Tested up to WordPress 5.8 version.
- Second stable version.
- Radio player with HTML5 Player.
- Added Now/Next Playing
- Added custom volume slider.
- First stable version.
- Radio player with Flash Player.