Replace the add-to-cart button in Easy Digital Downloads with a direct link to the download file when the product is free and has only one file. This only works when the file is an external link to a web-accessible file.
For archive pages on the Shop Front theme, the cart icon is replaced with a download icon and direct download link.
Want to see it in action? Check out the WebAware shop — it’s running this plugin.
Many thanks to the generous efforts of our translators:
- Albanian (sq) — the Albanian translation team
- Chinese (zh_CN) — the Chinese (simplified) translation team
- English (en_CA) — the English (Canadian) translation team
- English (en_GB) — the English (British) translation team
- French (fr_FR) — the French translation team
- Hungarian (hu_HU) — Tom Vicces
- Japanese (ja) — the Japanese translation team
- Norwegian: Bokmål (nb_NO) — neonnero
- Norwegian: Nynorsk (nn_NO) — neonnero
If you’d like to help out by translating this plugin, please sign up for an account and dig in.
- Either install automatically through the WordPress admin, or download the .zip file, unzip to a folder, and upload the folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Read Installing Plugins in the WordPress Codex for details.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Because I wanted to add my free plugins to an Easy Digital Downloads shop, without making it harder to download them from the shop than from WordPress.org plugin pages.
Are downloads logged in Easy Digital Downloads?
No. Downloads are direct from the site hosting the linked file.
Yes, see Downloads > Settings > Extensions. There’s also a filter hook,
edd_free_link_label, if you want finer control over the link label.
Yes, there are templates. Look in the templates folder of the plugin. There’s also a filter hook,
edd_free_link_template, if you want finer control over which template is used.
“Easy Digital Downloads Free Link” هو برنامج مفتوح المصدر. وقد ساهم هؤلاء الأشخاص بالأسفل في هذه الإضافة.المساهمون
The full changelog can be found on GitHub. Recent entries:
- changed: requires minimum PHP version 5.6 (recommend version 7.2 or greater)
- tested: WordPress 5.0