This plugin creates a fullscreen slideshow that displays randomly-selected pictures from your media library. Designed to display pictures related to your business/organization in the background at an event or in your office, there is no need to configure any settings or controls. Image captions/descriptions are automatically displayed as well, and can be configured based on your needs.
Once activated, you can view the slideshow by visiting
http://yourdomain.com/slideshow. All JPEG images will be displayed (since .jpg is best for pictures, while .png and .gif are typically used for graphics).
Please note that it is not currently possible to pause the slideshow or go back; the slideshow is not designed for personal viewing. However, clicking/tapping on the image will open its attachment page in a new tab, allowing images to be contextualized or edited easily.
The slideshow can also be embedded into your site via a widget or a shortcode.
You can control some options by adjusting the url of the slideshow. Parameters are controlled via query string (and widget options and shortcode attributes).
sizeis the size of the image to load, either
auto, which uses medium or large depending on
yearis the 4-digit numeric year in which the images were published.
monthis the numeric month in which the images were published (between 1 and 12), typically but not necessarily used in conjunction with
modedefines a subset of images to use, such as
featuredfor featured images only.
captionscontrols the captions display: either
description. Caption data is read from the image attachment post and can be updated in the media library.
Using all options, for example:
You can see it in action here.
- Take the easy route and install through the WordPress plugin adder OR
- Download the .zip file and upload the unzipped folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to
http://yourdomain.com/slideshowto see the slideshow in action. Add a widget version from the Widgets section in the Customizer or add the [content_slideshow] shortcode to a post or page.
Where’s the settings page?
For simplicity’s sake, no settings page is included. Settings for this plugin tend to depend on the exact situation in which you are using it, so rather than going to the setting page every time you want to use it, you can adjust the parameters via tweaks to the slideshow url (see details below).
What happened to my page at /slideshow?
This plugin overrides WordPress at the
slideshow/url. If you have a post/page with that slug, it will no longer be accessible on the front-end. This may be desired; for example, you could create an empty slideshow page so that you have a record of the plugin’s presence and can more easily add it to navigation menus. You don’t have to have a page thee, though, and you can manually add the slideshow URL to your navigation menus.
Loading higher quality images
You can force the plugin to always show the highest resolution pictures available by using the
sizequery argument (
http://example.com/slideshow?size=full). Note that this could cause speed issues with loading the images if your internet connection or your web server is slow.
Loading images from a specific time frame
The plugin supports
monthparameters that can be used to only show images uploaded in a given time period (see the description for an example).
Using the Shortcode
The shortcode version supports all four parameters that the full URL version supports, as attributes:
[content_slideshow size=”medium” year=”2014″ month=”1″ mode=”featured”]
لا توجد مراجعات لهذه الإضافة.
“Content Slideshow” هو برنامج مفتوح المصدر. وقد ساهم هؤلاء الأشخاص بالأسفل في هذه الإضافة.المساهمون
لقد تم ترجمة ”Content Slideshow“ إلى لغة واحدة. شكراً إلى جميع المُترجمين لمُساهماتهم.
ترجمة ”Content Slideshow“ إلى لغتك.
تصفّح الشفرة، تحقق من مستودع SVN، أو الاشتراك في سجل التطوير بواسطة RSS.
- Fix missing file in 2.4 release package.
- Add code comments for the slideshow JS.
- Lazy-load slideshow iframes in widgets and shortcodes. Image loading is already lazy.
- Exclude images with
wp_attachment_contextfrom the slideshow (site icons, cropped header images, etc).
- Add a “featured” mode to only show featured images.
- Add options to configure the captions display, including UI options in the widget controls.
- Fix keyboard accessibility so that only the visible image can be focused with the keyboard.
- Add support for selective refresh in the customizer preview, available in WordPress 4.5.
- The delay query arg has been removed.
- Fix WordPress 4.3 compatibility.
- Add translations.
- Link images in slideshow to their attachment pages.
- Fix display of attachment titles as fallback captions.
- Fix viewport in IE10+ in Windows 8 mode.
- Confirm WordPress 3.9 compatibility.
- First publicly available version of the plugin.
- Tested with WordPress 3.8.