CardanoPress does the heavy lifting and integration to the Cardano blockchain using the Blockfrost API, allowing you to interact with the blockchain via your favourite Web3 wallet.
We’ve done all the technical and hard work so you as a builder can integrate Cardano quickly and easily. Use our Bootstrap starter and child theme or use your favourite page builder such as Divi, WPBakery or Elementor with shortcodes.
We are supporting various wallets including:
- Yoroi (to a point)
The plugin is created by the team at PB Web Development.
Example Use Cases
There are many use cases that we have covered for projects that may wish to use the plugin from small DApp developers, NFT projects, stake pool operators and Initial Stake Pool Offering (ISPO) projects.
- Members only content. Projects looking to provide access control to pay walled content based on delegation of a wallet, tokens or NFTs that are within a users wallet. E.g, if user has an NFT from a collection with policy ID x, then assign the user permissions to access private content.
- Stake pool operators that want to build a quick and simple way to delegate to their stake pools.
- Initial Stake Pool Offerings needing a delegation point and dashboard for rewards.
- NFT projects looking for a spam controlled minting page.
- Single sign on with using a wallet instead of using a username and password across WordPress websites
Video: Installation and first steps
Video: Interview with Timmy from Cardano Ecosystem News
We have community support available on our website under the CardanoPress forums. We also have an online chat support via our Discord server. We encourage you to use the forums first though as it will help others that read through the forums for support.
This plugin does not collect or process any personal user data unless you expressively opt-in.
This plugin requires your own standalone WordPress installation and access to the web server to add a line of code to your htaccess file.
- Installing the plugin
Find the plugin in the list at the backend and click to install it. Or, upload the ZIP file through the admin backend. Or, upload the unzipped tag-groups folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin
Navigate to Plugins from the WordPress admin area and activate the CardanoPress plugin.
The plugin will create the base pages for all that you need.
- Sign up for a Blockfrost
CardanoPress is dependent on the Blockfrost API to communicate to the Cardano blockchain. You can get an API key for free at Blockfrost API.
Obtain your key and paste it into the configuration screen of CardanoPress.
- Allow WASM file type to be executed from your server
You will also need to allow for the WASM MIME type to be loaded on your server. This is the file that will load the integration between the wallets and the website. Without this file access enabled, the ‘connect to wallet’ and other blockchain interactions will not work.
Open your .htaccess file from your server and add this line of code to the top of the file.
AddType application/wasm .wasm
This will add the MIME type WASM and allow the loading of the Cardano Serialisation Library on your website.
This may vary from server to server as not all use htaccess files or allow modifications to it.
Once you’ve done this, you will be able to connect your WordPress website to the Cardano blockchain.
For more detailed documentation and tutorials on how to use the plugin, please visit the CardanoPress documentation website.
Can I Run This on My WordPress.com Website?
No you can not. You need full access to your web server to be able to allow for the WASM file type to load. Without this access you will not be able to run the plugin.
Can I Get Paid Support?
Yes you can, we offer subscription to support for our plugins and consultation to help get your project started and to a professional level.
Where Can I See Other Projects That Are Using CardanoPress?
If you visit our main website, CardanoPress.io, there will be a section dedicated to all the websites and projects that have built using CardanoPress.
Can I customise the look and feel of the plugin?
Yes, we’ve built the plugin and sub plugins with hooks and template layouts that can over overridden in a child theme. We’ve followed the same methods as WooCommerce where you simply need to copy the template files into your child theme to start overriding the layouts.
We’ve also taking into account page builders and created short codes for all the template parts of the theme. This will allow builders such as Divi, Elementor, WPBakery to be used with CardanoPress.
“CardanoPress – Cardano Blockchain Integration for WordPress” هو برنامج مفتوح المصدر. وقد ساهم هؤلاء الأشخاص بالأسفل في هذه الإضافة.المساهمون
You can follow our GitHub release for full details on updates to the plugins.
- Fix PHP warning introduced in 2fceb32
- Handle CIP68 asset packed name
- Prevent infinite loop on misconfigured pages
- New filter for asset collection cardanopress_collection_asset
- add a template if shortcode cardanopress_template_if
- log helpful wallet action errors during AJAX requests customizable and translate-ready cardanopress_error_messages
- improve getting pool details on settings save with fallback on the first settings page load
- include the extended pool metadata in saved details
- helper method to check already delegated account
- always check the request origin; even if logged in
- Better handling of classic themes that do not support the wp_body_open hook
- Temporarily render blank the shipped templates on block themes
- Check the server for wasm mime type support
- Warn on the incompatible themes and server setup stated
- Print readable notice on the admin dashboard
- Dump issue message on console and logs
- Expose a JS method to force refresh the status of all supported wallets
- fixed compatibility issue with some plugins Psr\Log\LoggerInterface
- Added Lace Wallet support
- Hot fix for 1.2.0 deploy
- An updated framework with prefixed dependencies
- Persist notice review dismissal; also increased timeout
- Customizable sanitization messages and made translatable
- Added “the_content” function to the default page templates
Update for new testnet; preview and preprod
Hint as a translation-ready plugin
Add info notice for a review
First stable release (exact same version as 0.40.1)
Fix payment amount
Correctly escape all variables
Update all dependencies
Sanitize $_POST variables
Escape template outputs
Recommend plugins to install:
User Role Editor
User Access Manager
Correct counted asset unit quantity
Bump version for the GuzzleHTTP
Handle edge cases where the user sets a Policy ID but misses to select an Additional Role to assign under the Asset Access settings box
Support for Cardwallet and NuFi
Fix the display of calculated payment total
Showing the wallet balance is now an opt-in action
Security update patch for guzzle 7.4.4
Helpful field descriptions in the Settings
Handy component-level shortcodes
Fully optional reCaptcha in the payments
Copy value to clipboard notification
Serve production built assets
Expose Blockfrost API endpoint for getting pool information
Clear off the favorited handle if no longer in the wallet
Dynamically list the pages under the menu dropdown with their custom titles
One more hook for the currently read asset cardanopress_associated_asset
Minor code fixes and optimizations
General code improvements
Customizable notification messages and translation ready; via filter hooks
Optimize asset checks; less Blockfrost request
Secure WP accounts creation from wallets; hashed passwords
Provide action hooks during login
Nag a notice for missing Blockfrost API Token
Support ADA Handle https://adahandle.com/
Tie WP user to stake address
Load back the extra scripts normally
Skip nonce check for non-authenticated actions
Move shared logs to /cardanopress-logs
Update scripts loading order
Handle an array image metadata field
Add the settings link in the plugin action row
Better error handling; mainly due to incomplete plugin setup
Blockfrost API key: The connect action not working properly
Payment address: The payment page does not fully load
Default network to mainnet; API key field now required to set
Pretty print notices instead of random JS error strings
Bug fixes and improvements (also testing discord integration).